1. Check the Couch and Other Furniture
The first place to look for a lost Firestick remote is always the couch. Check in between cushions, under the couch, and in any nearby furniture. If you have pets, make sure to check their favorite hiding spots as well.
2. Look in the Kitchen and Bathroom
Believe it or not, the kitchen and bathroom are also common places for lost remotes. Check countertops, drawers, and cabinets for your Firestick remote. It’s also a good idea to check the laundry room, as it’s easy for remotes to get mixed in with clothes.
3. Use Your Smartphone
If you have the Fire TV app installed on your smartphone, you can use it as a remote. Open the app and select your Firestick device. From there, you can control your Firestick just like you would with the physical remote.
4. Use Your Voice
If you have an Alexa-enabled device, you can use your voice to control your Firestick. Simply say “Alexa, open Fire TV” and you’ll be able to navigate the Firestick menu with your voice. This is especially helpful if you’ve lost your remote and need to quickly access your favorite shows.
5. Purchase a Replacement Remote
If all else fails, you can always purchase a replacement Firestick remote. Amazon sells official replacement remotes for around $30. Once you receive your new remote, make sure to set it up with your Firestick device.
6. Prevent Future Losses
To prevent future losses, consider purchasing a remote holder or attaching a Tile to your Firestick remote. This way, you’ll always know where your remote is located.
7. Ask for Help
If you’ve checked all the common places and still can’t find your Firestick remote, don’t hesitate to ask for help. Reach out to friends or family members who may have seen your remote or have additional ideas for finding it.
- Q: Can I use a universal remote with my Firestick?
- A: Yes, you can use a universal remote with your Firestick. However, you may not have access to all of the Firestick’s features.
- Q: How do I pair a new Firestick remote with my device?
- A: To pair a new Firestick remote with your device, hold down the home button on the remote for at least 10 seconds. Your Firestick should automatically recognize the new remote.
- Q: Can I use my Firestick without a remote?
- A: Yes, you can use your Firestick without a remote if you have the Fire TV app installed on your smartphone or an Alexa-enabled device.
- Q: Can I use a Firestick remote with multiple Firestick devices?
- A: Yes, you can use a Firestick remote with multiple Firestick devices. However, you’ll need to pair the remote with each device separately.
- Q: How can I make sure I never lose my Firestick remote again?
- A: To prevent future losses, consider purchasing a remote holder or attaching a Tile to your Firestick remote. This way, you’ll always know where your remote is located.